The availability of safe food is a matter of common concern and relevance for both consumers and manufacturers in the food industry. The integration of agricultural and food industries and the globalisation of the food trade are altering the existing systems of food production and distribution. This creates conditions for the spread of both known and new foodborne diseases, which have in recent years become a problem for many people around the world.
The food safety management system will form the basis for efficient food safety management in your organisation.
Standard Target Group
The international standard ISO 22000 can be useful for any company that forms part of the food supply chain, including organisations related to the food industry such as producers of equipment, packaging materials, detergents and disinfectants, additives and ingredients.
- Recognition of your products by all organisations within the food supply chain
- Improvement in your company’s positive image vis-à-vis regulatory authorities
- Management of risks associated with food safety and the ability to exchange information about risks between partners that form part of the supply chain
- Application of a systematic approach to identify risks in the field of food safety, development and implementation of appropriate risk-management measures
- Optimisation of the use of resources both within your company and throughout the food supply chain
- Development and implementation of the food safety management system
- Monitoring and corrective actions
- Improvement of the existing food safety management system
- Follow-up of the certification audit procedure
- Conduct of an internal audit and audit of your suppliers
- Preparing companies to obtain the permit for the supply of products to the European Union
- Training of personnel in the requirements of the food safety management system.
Other standards in the field of food safety management
There are many food safety standards. Based on the characteristics of your business, we will help you choose the standard that meets all your requirements.
FSSC 22000 ‒ Certification scheme for food safety management system
IFS Food Standard ‒ Food quality and safety management system
BRC Global Standard for Food Safety ‒ Food quality and safety management system
BRC/IOP Global Standard for Packaging and Packaging Materials
IFS PAC Secure ‒ Standard for checking the quality and safety of packaging materials