It will be possible to perform IFS Food v7 Assessments from 1st March 2021. From 1st July 2021 IFS Food v7 will be mandatory.
The IFS Food Standard version 7 has been revised by the following international working groups: Extended Core Group, National Working Groups, International Technical Committee and the IFS Technical Team Working Group. Representatives of retailers, industry, food services and certification bodies were part of these outstanding working groups that combined input from Europe, North and South America and Asia.
- Increased focus on the on-site assessment, less on documentation
- New wording: the audit becomes an assessment, to highlight the product and process approach of IFS in keeping with ISO/IEC 17065
- 15% less requirements
- Improved structure of the certification protocol tailored to the IFS stakeholders’ needs
- Better defined scoring system
- Clearly structured assessment report with standardised sections
- Every third IFS certification assessment will be unannounced
- Food Safety Culture has been incorporated into the requirements
- The new definitions on outsourcing clarifies different management modalities
- A valid GLN (Global Location Number) becomes mandatory for suppliers in the European Economic Area (EEA) and United Kingdom