BRCGS announce a publication date of 1 August 2019 for the sixth issue of its internationally recognised Global Standard for Packaging Materials.
The focus for this issue has been on:
• enhancing the processes used by quality management systems in printed packaging controls and through a hazard and risk analysis approach
• continuing to ensure consistency of the audit process across the world
• the importance of a product safety and quality culture in the drive to improve transparency and coherence across the food supply chain
• simplifying the hygiene requirements based solely on risk
• introducing a new fundamental clause, corrective and preventive actions, to address issues and minimise the risk of their occurring
• based on risk, putting a microbiological environmental monitoring programme in place
• simplifying the unannounced audit programme.